Some small good habits to stay healthy include exercising regularly, eating a balanced diet, getting enough sleep, and staying hydrated. Leading a healthy lifestyle and incorporating these habits can greatly contribute to overall well-being and prevent various diseases and health issues.
By following these simple practices, you can improve your physical and mental health, boost your immune system, increase your energy levels, maintain a healthy weight, and reduce the risk of chronic ailments. Regular exercise helps to strengthen muscles, improve cardiovascular health, and enhance mood.
Consuming nutritious foods provides essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that support proper bodily functions. Sufficient rest allows the body to repair and rejuvenate, while staying hydrated helps to maintain optimal organ function and prevent dehydration. By incorporating these small habits into your daily routine, you can enjoy long-term health benefits and lead a healthier life.
Start Your Day With A Glass Of Water
One simple but highly effective habit that can have a major impact on your health is starting your day with a glass of water. This small act can jumpstart your body and set you on the path to a healthier lifestyle. In this article, we will explore the benefits of starting your day with water and provide some tips to help you make it a habit.
Benefits Of Starting Your Day With Water
When you wake up in the morning, your body is dehydrated after hours of sleep. By drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning, you are replenishing your body’s fluid levels and kickstarting your metabolism. Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Hydration: Water is vital for good health, and starting your day with a glass of water can help hydrate your body and improve overall well-being. Proper hydration contributes to clear skin, improved digestion, and better cognitive function.
- Metabolism Boost: Drinking water in the morning can rev up your metabolism and help with weight management. It jumpstarts your body’s calorie-burning process, allowing you to burn more calories throughout the day.
- Flushes Toxins: Water acts as a natural detoxifier, and starting your day with a glass of water can help flush out toxins from your body. It stimulates kidney function and promotes the elimination of waste products.
- Improved Digestion: Drinking water on an empty stomach can aid in digestion by preparing your stomach for the upcoming meal. It helps in the efficient breakdown of food and absorption of nutrients.
- Enhances Brain Function: Staying hydrated is crucial for optimal brain function. Drinking water in the morning ensures that your brain is well-hydrated, improving mental clarity, focus, and alertness.
Tips To Make It A Habit
Now that you understand the benefits of starting your day with water, here are some tips to help you make it a habit:
- Keep a glass or bottle of water next to your bed: Having water readily available will serve as a visual reminder to drink it first thing in the morning.
- Set a reminder: If you tend to forget, set a reminder on your phone or use an app to prompt you to drink water as soon as you wake up.
- Make it enjoyable: If plain water doesn’t excite you, try infusing it with your favorite fruits or herbs to add flavor and make the habit more enjoyable.
- Start small: Begin with a smaller amount of water and gradually increase the quantity. This approach can make it easier to develop the habit without feeling overwhelmed.
- Hold yourself accountable: Track your daily water intake using a journal or an app. Seeing your progress can motivate you to stick with the habit.
Remember, making small changes to your daily routine can have a significant impact on your overall health. Starting your day with a glass of water is a simple habit that can lead to numerous benefits. So, why not take the first step towards a healthier lifestyle today?
Incorporate Exercise Into Your Daily Routine
Making regular exercise a part of your daily routine is an essential aspect of maintaining good health. Not only does it help you stay physically fit, but it also has numerous benefits for your mental and emotional well-being. Finding creative ways to incorporate exercise into your daily routine can help you stay consistent and make it an enjoyable habit. In this article, we will explore the importance of regular exercise for overall health and share some practical and creative ways to include exercise in your daily routine.
Importance Of Regular Exercise For Overall Health
Regular exercise is a crucial aspect of maintaining overall health. It has numerous benefits that contribute to a strong and healthy body. Engaging in physical activity regularly helps to:
- Promote weight management and control.
- Strengthen muscles and improve flexibility.
- Enhance cardiovascular health.
- Boost the immune system.
- Improve mood and reduce stress levels.
- Enhance cognitive function and promote better sleep.
Regular exercise helps to keep your body in optimal shape, reducing the risk of various health issues and contributing to your overall well-being.
Creative Ways To Include Exercise In Your Daily Routine
Making exercise a part of your daily routine doesn’t have to be dull or monotonous. There are several creative ways to incorporate physical activity into your daily life, making it a fun and enjoyable experience:
1. Take the stairs instead of the elevator
Whenever possible, opt for using the stairs instead of the elevator. Climbing stairs is a simple yet effective way to get your heart rate up and engage your leg muscles. Besides, it helps to burn calories and improve cardiovascular health.
2. Walk or bike for short distances
Instead of relying on your car or public transportation for short distances, consider walking or biking. Not only does this help you incorporate exercise into your routine, but it also has the added benefit of reducing carbon emissions and contributing to the environment.
3. Incorporate exercise during work breaks
Find opportunities during your work breaks to get up and move. You can do simple exercises like stretching, walking or doing a quick workout routine. This helps to break up sedentary periods and promotes better blood circulation.
4. Engage in active hobbies
Take up hobbies that involve physical activity, such as dancing, swimming, hiking, or playing a sport. These activities not only provide exercise but also add an element of fun and enjoyment to your routine.
5. Create a home workout routine
If you find it challenging to make time for the gym, consider creating a home workout routine. You can find plenty of exercise videos or apps that guide you through different exercises and routines. This allows you to exercise at your convenience, without the need for expensive gym memberships or equipment.
Incorporating exercise into your daily routine doesn’t have to be complicated. By finding creative ways to add physical activity to your life, you can make exercise a habit that effortlessly fits into your day-to-day activities. Not only will it help you stay healthy, but it will also boost your energy levels and contribute to a happier and more fulfilling life.
Choose Nutritious Foods For Every Meal
Eating a well-balanced diet is crucial for maintaining good health. It not only provides essential nutrients but also helps to prevent chronic diseases and maintain a healthy weight. Making healthier food choices doesn’t have to be complicated or restrictive. By incorporating small good habits into your daily routine, you can ensure that every meal is packed with nutrition. In this section, we will discuss the importance of a balanced diet and provide you with some practical tips for making healthier food choices.
Importance Of A Balanced Diet
A balanced diet is essential for overall well-being. It provides the right combination of macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats) as well as a range of micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) that your body needs to function optimally. Consuming various nutrient-rich foods ensures that you are getting a wide range of beneficial compounds that support different bodily functions. Here are some reasons why a balanced diet is important:
- Provides energy: A well-balanced diet provides the energy your body needs to carry out daily activities, including physical exercise and mental tasks.
- Supports growth and development: Essential nutrients, such as proteins and vitamins, play a key role in supporting growth and development in children and teens.
- Boosts the immune system: Certain vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C and zinc, help to strengthen the immune system, making your body more resistant to illnesses and infections.
- Improves digestion: A diet rich in fiber promotes healthy digestion, prevents constipation, and supports a healthy gut microbiome.
- Reduces the risk of chronic diseases: A balanced diet, low in saturated fats and high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, can reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
Tips For Making Healthier Food Choices
When it comes to making healthier food choices, small changes can make a big difference. By incorporating the following tips into your daily routine, you can ensure that you are choosing nutritious foods for every meal:
- Focus on whole, unprocessed foods: Opt for whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats instead of highly processed and packaged foods.
- Read food labels: Pay attention to the ingredient list and nutritional information. Avoid foods that are high in added sugars, unhealthy fats, and sodium.
- Include a variety of colors: Eating a wide variety of colorful fruits and vegetables ensures that you are getting a range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Plan your meals in advance: Planning your meals ahead of time can help you make healthier choices and avoid impulsive, unhealthy food decisions.
- Cook at home: By preparing your meals at home, you have full control over the ingredients and cooking methods, making it easier to choose healthier options.
- Practice portion control: Pay attention to serving sizes and listen to your body’s hunger and fullness cues. Avoid oversized portions that can lead to overeating.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking an adequate amount of water throughout the day helps to maintain proper hydration and supports various bodily functions.
By incorporating these small good habits into your daily routine, you can make healthier food choices and enjoy the numerous benefits of a balanced diet. Remember, every meal is an opportunity to nourish your body and promote overall health and well-being.
Prioritize Sleep For Optimal Health
When it comes to maintaining good health, sleep is often an underrated factor. People tend to prioritize exercise and nutrition, but fail to recognize the significance of quality sleep in their overall well-being. Whether you want to boost your immune system, enhance cognitive function, or improve your mood, it all starts with prioritizing sleep.
The Significance Of Quality Sleep
Getting a good night’s sleep is more than just feeling well-rested. It plays a vital role in our physical and mental health. Several studies have shown that lack of proper sleep may lead to a variety of health issues, including:
- Increased risk of heart disease and high blood pressure
- Impaired cognitive function and decreased productivity
- Weakened immune system, making you more susceptible to illness
- Inflammation and increased risk of chronic diseases
- Weight gain and metabolism imbalance
- Poor mental health, such as anxiety and depression
It’s evident that quality sleep is imperative for maintaining optimal health and well-being. Not only does it allow our bodies to repair and rejuvenate, but it also enhances our ability to function at our best in all aspects of life.
Strategies To Improve Your Sleep Habits
If you’re struggling with sleep or simply want to optimize your sleep habits, here are some strategies you can incorporate into your daily routine:
- Establish a consistent sleep schedule: Going to bed and waking up at the same time every day, even on weekends, helps regulate your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle.
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine: Engage in calming activities, such as reading a book or taking a warm bath, to signal your body that it’s time to wind down.
- Create a sleep-friendly environment: Make sure your bedroom is dark, quiet, and at a comfortable temperature to promote better sleep.
- Avoid stimulants and electronics before bedtime: Limit your consumption of caffeine and avoid using electronic devices such as phones and laptops at least an hour before bed as the blue light emitted by these devices can interfere with your sleep.
- Exercise regularly: Engaging in physical activity during the day helps promote better sleep quality. However, avoid intense workouts close to bedtime.
- Manage stress: Find relaxation techniques that work for you, such as meditation or deep breathing exercises, to reduce stress levels before bed.
- Limit daytime napping: If you struggle with falling asleep at night, try to limit daytime napping or keep it short and early in the day.
By incorporating these strategies into your daily routine, you can gradually improve your sleep habits and experience the numerous benefits that come with quality sleep.
Practice Mindful Eating
Eating is one of life’s simple pleasures, but all too often, we rush through meals without even paying attention to what we’re putting in our bodies. Enter mindful eating—a practice that encourages us to slow down, savor each bite, and become fully present in the moment. By incorporating this small good habit into our daily routines, we can not only enhance our overall well-being, but also manage our weight more effectively.
Benefits Of Mindful Eating For Weight Management
Mindful eating is not just about slowing down; it’s also about developing a deeper awareness of our body’s cues and signals. When we eat mindfully, we give ourselves the opportunity to truly listen to our bodies and honor its needs. By paying attention to our hunger and fullness levels, we can avoid overeating and make healthier choices. Here are some of the key benefits of mindful eating for weight management:
- Reduced overeating: Mindful eating helps us break free from mindless eating patterns and recognize our true hunger signals. This heightened awareness allows us to stop eating when we’re satisfied, rather than continuing to consume excess calories.
- Improved food choices: When we practice mindful eating, we become more attuned to our body’s cravings and preferences. By consulting our internal cues, we can choose nourishing, wholesome foods that truly satisfy us, instead of reaching for processed or unhealthy options.
- Enhanced digestion: Rushing through meals can hinder digestion and lead to various gastrointestinal issues. Mindful eating, on the other hand, promotes better digestion by allowing us to thoroughly chew and savor our food, increasing nutrient absorption and reducing discomfort.
- Heightened satisfaction: By fully engaging in the eating experience, we can derive more satisfaction from our meals. Mindful eating encourages us to appreciate the flavors, textures, and aromas of our food, making each bite more enjoyable and fulfilling.
Techniques To Develop Mindful Eating Habits
Mindful eating is a skill that can be cultivated with practice. Here are some effective techniques to help you develop mindful eating habits:
- Eat without distractions: Set aside distractions such as phones, computers, or television when you sit down to eat. Instead, create a peaceful environment that allows you to focus solely on the act of eating.
- Chew thoroughly: Take the time to thoroughly chew your food, savoring each bite. Not only does this aid digestion, but it also allows you to fully experience the flavors and textures of your meal.
- Pay attention to hunger and fullness cues: Before, during, and after each meal, check in with your body and assess its hunger and fullness signals. This will help you gauge how much food you truly need and prevent overeating.
- Practice portion control: Be mindful of the portion sizes you serve yourself. Use smaller plates or bowls, and take your time to appreciate and enjoy each serving, rather than mindlessly reaching for seconds.
- Eat slowly: Pace yourself while eating, taking slow and deliberate bites. This not only aids digestion but also allows you to fully engage in the eating experience and feel more satisfied with each meal.
- Express gratitude: Practice gratitude before and after your meals. Expressing appreciation for the food you’re about to enjoy can enhance your connection with the experience of eating and promote a positive relationship with food.
Stay Hydrated Throughout The Day
One small but incredibly important good habit to prioritize every day is staying hydrated. Keeping your body well-hydrated has numerous health benefits and is essential for maintaining optimal bodily functions. However, many people struggle with drinking enough water throughout the day. In this section, we will discuss the importance of staying hydrated and provide you with some helpful tips to increase your daily water intake.
The Importance Of Staying Hydrated
In order for our bodies to function properly, staying hydrated is crucial. Water makes up a significant proportion of our body weight and is involved in various bodily processes, including circulation, digestion, temperature regulation, and nutrient absorption. It helps keep our joints lubricated, promotes healthy skin, and aids in the removal of waste and toxins from the body.
Moreover, staying hydrated is essential for maintaining proper energy levels and cognitive function. Dehydration can lead to fatigue, reduced focus, and even headaches. By ensuring that you stay hydrated throughout the day, you can enhance your overall well-being and support your body’s natural functions.
Tips On How To Increase Your Daily Water Intake
To help you increase your daily water intake, we have put together some simple yet effective tips:
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you wherever you go. This will serve as a reminder to drink water and make it easily accessible throughout the day.
- Set reminders on your phone or use apps that send you notifications to prompt you to drink water at regular intervals.
- Infuse your water with fresh fruits, herbs, or vegetables to add flavor and make it more enjoyable to drink.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal, as it can help curb your appetite and prevent overeating.
- Keep track of your water intake by using a water tracking app or journal. This will help you monitor your progress and ensure you are meeting your daily hydration goals.
In addition to these tips, it’s important to remember that different individuals have different hydration needs. Factors such as age, weight, activity level, and climate can affect how much water you should be consuming each day. To determine your specific requirements, consult with a healthcare professional or speak to a registered dietitian.
By developing the habit of staying hydrated and incorporating these tips into your daily routine, you can ensure that you are giving your body the proper hydration it needs to thrive. Take care of yourself and make staying hydrated a top priority.
Limit Screen Time For Better Well-being
In today’s digital age, excessive screen time has become a common concern that affects our overall health and well-being. The constant use of smartphones, tablets, computers, and televisions not only impacts our physical health but also affects our mental and emotional well-being. To maintain a healthy lifestyle, it is crucial to understand the detrimental effects of excessive screen time and take measures to reduce it.
The Impact Of Excessive Screen Time On Health
Extended screen time can lead to various health issues, contributing to a sedentary lifestyle and increased risk of obesity. Prolonged sitting in front of screens reduces physical activity, leading to weight gain and muscle weakness. Additionally, excessive screen use can strain our eyes, causing dryness, blurred vision, and eyestrain.
Moreover, constant exposure to the blue light emitted by screens can disrupt our sleep patterns. The stimulation caused by digital devices before bedtime affects the release of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep. Irregular sleep patterns, in turn, can lead to fatigue, decreased cognitive function, and a compromised immune system.
Suggestions For Reducing Screen Time
While completely eliminating screen time is unrealistic in today’s technology-dependent world, it is crucial to find a balance that promotes better well-being. Here are some practical strategies to reduce screen time:
- Acknowledge the problem: Recognize the negative impact of excessive screen time on your health and well-being. Awareness is the first step towards implementing positive changes.
- Create screen-free zones: Designate specific areas in your home, such as the bedroom or dining area, where screen use is prohibited. These spaces provide an opportunity for unplugged interactions and relaxation.
- Set screen time limits: Establish daily or weekly limits on the duration of screen time. Utilize screen time management apps or features available on devices to track usage and set reminders when it’s time to disconnect.
- Engage in alternative activities: Fill up your free time with activities that do not involve screens. Explore hobbies like reading, mindfulness exercises, outdoor activities, or spending quality time with loved ones.
- Practice digital detox: Set aside dedicated periods, such as weekends or vacations, where you intentionally disconnect from screens. This break allows you to rejuvenate, focus on offline experiences, and reset your relationship with technology.
- Establish a bedtime routine: Avoid screen use at least an hour before bedtime. Instead, engage in relaxing activities like reading a book or practicing meditation to promote better sleep quality.
- Lead by example: Encourage your family and friends to join you in reducing screen time. By fostering a screen-limited environment together, you can collectively enjoy the benefits of a healthier lifestyle.
By implementing these suggestions, you can gradually reduce your screen time and experience the positive effects on your well-being. Remember, small changes can make a big difference in leading a healthy and balanced life.
Take Regular Breaks To Move Your Body
Regular movement breaks throughout the day are essential for maintaining good health. Taking breaks to move your body not only helps prevent the harmful effects of prolonged sitting but also helps improve your posture, increase blood circulation, and boost productivity. In this section, we will explore the harmful effects of prolonged sitting and simple activities you can incorporate into your day to ensure you stay active and healthy.
The Harmful Effects Of Prolonged Sitting
Sitting for long periods of time can have a significant negative impact on your overall health. It can lead to poor circulation, stiffness in the muscles and joints, weight gain, and a higher risk of developing chronic conditions such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. The sedentary lifestyle associated with prolonged sitting can also affect your mental well-being, leading to feelings of lethargy and reduced concentration.
Simple Activities To Incorporate Movement Breaks Into Your Day
To combat the harmful effects of prolonged sitting, it is crucial to incorporate regular movement breaks into your daily routine. These breaks don’t have to be time-consuming or disruptive to your work. Here are some simple activities you can try:
- Stretching exercises: Take a few minutes to stretch your arms, legs, and back. This will help loosen tight muscles and improve flexibility.
- Walking: Instead of sitting during your lunch break, go for a short walk. This not only gets your body moving but also provides a refreshing mental break.
- Desk exercises: Perform simple exercises like leg raises, shoulder shrugs, or desk push-ups while sitting at your desk. These exercises can be done discreetly and without attracting unwanted attention.
- Standing breaks: Whenever possible, stand up and move around for a few minutes. You can walk to a colleague’s desk instead of emailing them, or use a standing desk if available.
- Activity breaks:Take short breaks to engage in light physical activities such as jumping jacks, squats, or a quick dance routine. These activities help increase heart rate and energize your body.
By incorporating these simple activities into your day, you can significantly reduce the negative effects of prolonged sitting. Remember, small habits like taking regular movement breaks can make a big difference in your overall health and well-being.
Manage Stress For A Healthy Mind And Body
Discover simple yet effective daily habits to manage stress and promote a healthy mind and body. Cultivating these small good habits will help you stay physically and mentally well, contributing to overall well-being.
The Connection Between Stress And Health
Managing stress is crucial for maintaining a healthy mind and body. Stress can have a significant impact on our overall well-being, leading to various physical and mental health issues. When we are stressed, our body releases stress hormones like cortisol, which can disrupt the normal functioning of our immune system, digestion, sleep patterns, and even cognitive abilities. Chronic stress has been linked to conditions like obesity, cardiovascular diseases, anxiety, depression, and compromised immune system. Therefore, it is essential to adopt effective stress management techniques to preserve our health and well-being.
Effective Stress Management Techniques
1. Practice deep breathing and meditation
Engaging in deep breathing exercises and meditation can help calm the mind and reduce stress. It activates the body’s relaxation response, which counteracts the effects of stress hormones. Find a quiet and comfortable space, close your eyes, and take slow, deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Focus on your breath, letting go of any tension or worries. Meditation can be a powerful tool to cultivate mindfulness and promote relaxation.
2. Regular physical exercise
Engaging in regular physical activity is not only beneficial for your physical health but also for managing stress. Exercise helps regulate the release of stress hormones and promotes the production of endorphins, which are natural mood elevators. It can be as simple as going for a brisk walk, jogging, cycling, swimming, or participating in your favorite sport. Find an activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your daily routine.
3. Maintain a healthy lifestyle
A healthy lifestyle can significantly contribute to stress management. Ensure you are getting enough sleep, as lack of sleep can increase stress levels. Focus on eating a balanced diet consisting of nutritious foods that provide the necessary vitamins and minerals to support your body’s well-being. Limit the consumption of caffeine and alcohol, as they can exacerbate stress symptoms. Additionally, prioritize self-care activities like taking breaks, pursuing hobbies, and spending quality time with loved ones.
4. Seek support and connect with others
Don’t hesitate to seek support from friends, family, or a trusted professional when dealing with stress. Sharing your feelings with others can provide a sense of relief and perspective. Surround yourself with positive, supportive individuals who can uplift you during challenging times. Engaging in social activities and building strong connections with others can enhance your overall well-being and resilience to stress.
5. Practice time management and prioritize self-care
Effective time management can help reduce stress by allowing you to prioritize tasks and avoid feeling overwhelmed. Create a schedule that includes dedicated time for self-care activities such as exercise, relaxation, and pursuing hobbies. Set realistic goals and break them down into smaller, manageable tasks. Remember to practice self-compassion and not overburden yourself with unrealistic expectations. Implementing these stress management techniques into your daily life can make a significant difference in managing stress and promoting a healthy mind and body. Prioritize self-care, seek support when needed, and embrace healthy habits that contribute to your overall well-being. By managing stress effectively, you can lead a happier, healthier life.
Cultivate Positive Relationships And Social Connections
When it comes to staying healthy, we often focus on physical aspects such as eating the right foods and exercising regularly. However, the influence of relationships on our overall well-being should not be underestimated. Cultivating positive relationships and social connections is key to leading a healthy and fulfilling life.
The Influence Of Relationships On Overall Well-being
Our relationships with others have a profound impact on our mental, emotional, and even physical health. Research shows that strong social connections can:
- Promote a sense of belonging and support
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve self-esteem and confidence
- Enhance immune function and longevity
Ways To Nurture And Build Meaningful Connections
To foster positive relationships and social connections, consider incorporating the following habits into your daily life:
- Spend quality time with loved ones: Make an effort to spend uninterrupted time with family, friends, and significant others. Engage in activities that promote bonding and meaningful conversations.
- Practice active listening: Instead of just hearing, actively listen to others when they speak. Show genuine interest, ask follow-up questions, and provide support when needed.
- Cultivate empathy and understanding: Put yourself in others’ shoes and try to understand their perspectives and feelings. This will strengthen your relationships and foster a sense of empathy.
- Participate in social activities: Engage in group activities or join clubs and organizations that align with your interests. This allows you to meet new people and expand your social network.
- Express gratitude and appreciation: Take the time to express your appreciation to the people in your life. Whether through a thoughtful note, a kind gesture, or a simple “thank you,” expressing gratitude can strengthen your relationships.
Frequently Asked Questions On Small Good Habits To Stay Healthy
How Can I Incorporate Exercise Into My Daily Routine?
To stay active, try small habits like taking the stairs, going for a walk during lunch breaks, or doing quick workouts at home. By making exercise a part of your daily routine, you can easily stay healthy without spending hours at the gym.
What Are Some Simple Ways To Improve My Diet?
Start by adding more fruits and vegetables to your meals, cutting back on sugary beverages, and opting for whole grains. Small changes like these can make a big difference in your overall health and help you maintain a balanced diet.
How Can I Ensure I Get Enough Sleep Every Night?
Establish a bedtime routine, create a comfortable sleep environment, and avoid using electronics before bed. By prioritizing quality sleep, you can enhance your overall well-being and ensure that your body has enough time to rest and recharge.
By implementing these simple yet effective habits into your daily routine, you can maintain your overall well-being and stay healthy. Prioritizing exercise, staying hydrated, getting enough sleep, practicing good hygiene, and eating a balanced diet are all crucial in leading a healthy lifestyle.
So, start incorporating these small habits into your life today and reap the long-term benefits. Your body will thank you!